As I read the Wonder & Wickedness book, I feel a pleasing sense of alignment with WH.

As I read the Wonder & Wickedness book, I feel a pleasing sense of alignment with WH. I would modify the Wise class to replace parts with W&W's spells & systems.

I would remove the HP to cast mechanic, instead allowing Level in spells daily casting before triggering saves vs spell catastrophe, as per W&W.

Slots would be # of spells known.

Wise would heal as per the other classes.

That's about it! Good to go.

Comments

  1. I may use this! HP for spells and flexible casting are fun for some players, but others find the increased risk of death + open-endedness especially scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running Whitehack and Wonder & Wickedness right now, but I haven't replaced the Whitehack magic. I'm using W&W to give interesting spell scrolls for the players to find in treasure. They can use the scrolls to learn new miracles as they level up or they can use the scrolls once for a powerful but risky effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason Tocci I feel W&W is a good middle ground between wide-open Miracles of WH and the traditional Vancian setup of D&D.

    And I love the idea of tempting players to cast beyond their daily limit, thus risking spell catastrophe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment