Hello, all!

Hello, all! I've run about 4-5 games of Whitehack now over the last few months and I'm absolutely in love. After reading Vagabonds of Dyfed, I decided that having mixed successes in Whitehack could make the game more interesting. Then, I remembered that Whitehack already includes a blueprint of sorts for this in its rules by explaining that rolls have a quality to them. So I devised the following:

Something I just came up with on my own last night (though I'm sure plenty of people have thought up something similar) is that a player receives a "mixed success" if they rolled under the stat, but are more than 5 numerical values away from their attribute. So if they have CON 14, rolling a 9-14 is a full success (with 14 being a crit) while 1-8 is a mixed success. I'm happy to report that it worked great and was easy to teach to the players.

If you have some other house rule for mixed successes, please let me know!

Comments