Hey all.

Hey all. This weekend I'm starting new game where I'll be running Deep Carbon Observatory, thanks to to the inspiration from Brian Ashford. During my prep I've come across some issues with the rules in Whitehack that I don't fully understand.

First, how are you handling perception tests? Do you handle it as a contest? Is there an easy way to handle passive perception? I think all characters should be able to make perception tests, and since I don't want any of the base classes to be better at perception than the other an Int test is most appropriate. If a character has a suitable group attached to Int (e.g scout) then he get advantage on the roll. And the test can easily be handled as a contest between the approaching foe and the character. So far so good. Do you have any advice on how to handle perception tests without rolling for the approaching foe, or on the opposite, if the character is approaching a guard stealthy?

Second, how are morale checks working? I have never used morale in my games, and I didn't get much wiser when I read the rules.

Thanks!

Comments