We are now five sessions into my Whitehack, Deep Carbon Observatory campaign and I am very pleased with the, odd,...

Originally shared by Brian Ashford

We are now five sessions into my Whitehack, Deep Carbon Observatory campaign and I am very pleased with the, odd, humorous, occasionally heroic path which the game has taken.

I'll try and keep spoilers to a minimum here because frankly, you should all be planning on playing and/or running Deep Carbon Observatory some day.

The Whitehack rules are flowing just as well as I hoped they would. With three Wise PCs and two Deft we have certainly had a lot of opportunities to try out it's more unique features. Dave's Miracle of Portals has been an awful lot of fun, being used for quick getaways, boat propulsion and finishing off big monsters with a small, barely controlled portal to the elemental plane of fire. Matt's sack of trinkets which his character is attuned to has managed to surprise me too.

The Scenario too has been great. We aren't very far through (the PCs are a little past the Windmill) but it has already given us five sessions of bizarre, challenging adventuring. The Crow's alone are worth the cover price. And while I'm not sure that Patrick Stuart exactly intended for the mummy Ambatoharanana to become the player's favourite undead attack dog, that's what has happened and I'm loving it.

Comments

  1. We played four sessions of Whitehack in Maze of the Blue Medusa recently and it worked great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment